February 28, 2010

When my world was in ruins {Job}

awesome message tonight by PR. He was referring to the story of Job, and his main theme was that even good people go through struggles. Job was the most noble and blessed man at the time and God still allowed his life to become a "mess."

I got the following quote from my study bible and it spoke to me so profoundly...

When suffering and troubles come you have a choice. You can curse God and end up living in bitterness and anger. Or you can see your situation a a test of faith and opportunity, albeit a painful one, to grow closer to God.

wow.

that's just so unreal. in the midst of all the battles we still have a choice to honor God and even become closer to Him. I'm glad that God gives us a choice in any and EVERY situation to do the right thing. As much as it's easier to blame God than looking past the situation, in the end it'll be worth it.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment