January 5, 2010

Wow I can't believe it's already a new year. twenty ten. I can honestly say that 2009 has been one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. It was a year filled with ups and downs and a roller coaster of emotions. But despite everything one thing remained,
God prevailed.

On December 31, 2004, I wrote a New Years resolution and my cell group leader at the time kept it and gave it back to us this year. I've never laughed so hard as I did when I read it. The following is what I wrote :

In 2005, I Jessica Almeida would desire:
*God to make me more patient, have peace in my heart, have faith in God, wisdom, and grow more with God spiritually.
*That God can bless me more with guy friends who are mature, good listeners, friendly, wise, patient, and Godly.
*That God can show me if it's the right guy that I should go out. I do not want to be blind.
*That I can have more girl friends that respect themselves and don't take advantage of me.

I don't know why in the world at 14 I was so worried about dating.
things were so much easier when you were younger sigh

Well, now that I am 19 (almost) I do realize how important it is to have good friends with strong morals. I guess if bad company leads to bad corruption, good company must lead to good behavior? I don't really know much, but I do know that friends are essential in life. especially good friends.
This year, I'd like to be more of a friend to those around me. I want to love more and not just by saying "i love you" but by the way I put it into action. Because love isn't a feeling or an emotion, it's an act.

So that's it for now, my goal for this year is to be so in love with God that love will just pour out of my life into those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment