December 3, 2014

Jesus, keep me in Your will.

I honestly don't know why I decided to blog again. haha well I'm back in the states after spending ten weeks in pemba, mozambique that ridiculously changed my life. being home for three months, the best way that i can explain what i learned or what touched me the most was intimacy with jesus. don't get me wrong, the mama's in the village and the children on base have made a huge impact on my life.
but, none of that matters if i don't know my savior, if i don't spend deep, intimate moments with him. (will expand on this in later posts)


people warned me that coming back would be a culture shock, but no one could've prepared me enough. man, it was hard. there were days that I would just cry. for no reason lol. and i think i'm only writing this now because it's the first time that i can share what happened to me in pemba and not break down. I put off updating my blog because i didn't want to accept that my summer in Moz was officially over. (my defense mechanism is definitely repression, see www.simplypsychology.org)

God truly opened up doors (doors that i didn't even knock on) and i've pretty much been on staff at my church as missionary in Newark since September. i can honestly say that I have my dream job. i've been able to witness young people legit turn away from sin in their life and turn to jesus, older women who have chosen to put their trust in Jesus, and restoration in the body of Christ. there are hard days. days that i feel like i'm a different person. not the same person i was in pemba that desperately longed for Christ. life happens and sometimes i let temporary things cloud my heart instead of being kingdom-minded. That's why this is the title of my post, Jesus keep me in Your will. this has been my only prayer for the last 2 weeks.  the first day i prayed it, God used an amazing woman at Resting Place and pretty much confirmed that i was where i was supposed to be in this moment. There are many dreams that are in my heart and i believe in God's as well. Hopefully I'll be able to share it soon, and see it come to life.

thank you for all of those who supported me financially, emotionally, and spiritually. the body of Christ is a beautiful thing and i can't believe i get to be part of it.

will write more soon
xoxo

1 comment: