May 27, 2014

A couple of miles away from the sky :)

Greetings from South Africa!
Oh my gosh, it's so surreal saying that!

As I got on the plane, for a split second I wondered if I could still get out of the plane. Ha! It sorted hit me that moment that I would be gone for a little under 3 months and I panicked a bit.
 
But then i was reminded why I decided to even do this. And it was because of the dream and desire God put on my heart years ago and which he kept fueling.

Every time I would start "forgetting" or would think of planning my life in a different way, he would radically remind me of "the call". It's as if He would physically touch my heart and I once again would be overwhelmed with this dream and nothing else would satisfy my soul. Nothing else felt quite like home as this dream felt.   And to be honest, I wish I knew how to explain that better but i can't. 

Many people have been seen amazing things about me and admiring me taking this step, but I just ask that you be in awe of how faithful God is. I can't help but go. It's not because I'm this amazing person (ok maybe  a little haha kidding!)
But it's because when Christ touches you, nothing else matters. Nothing comes close than being where God has called you to be. I know I will face many challenges but I am so ready. 
"To live for Christ to die is gain" 

This song pretty much sums up what's in my heart. God bless and please keep me in your prayers! 


the cost_rend collective 

I'm saying yes to you
And no to my desires 
I'll leave my self behind and follow you

I'll walk the narrow road
Cause it leads me to you
I'll fall but grace will pick me up again

I've counted up the cost 
Oh, I've counted up the cost
Yes, I've counted up the cost 
And you are worth it 

I do not need safety 
As much as I need you
You're dangerous 
But Lord you're beautiful 

I'll chase you through the pain
I'll carry my cross
Cause real love is not afraid to bleed

Jesus take my yoke 
Take my everything
I've counted up the cost
And you're worth everything 

  

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! So glad to hear from you! Keep posting as much as possible! So excited to hear more!!!
    Love,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess! Keep posting girl! So so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete