June 15, 2014

Abba, I belong to You

Abba, I belong to you.
Tonight is Fathers Day and we just had a kick off prayer service for 24/7 prayer in one of the huts. For the next week, every house will have 2-hour shifts.  As we sang this song tonight, I couldn’t help but be reminded what a privilege it is to be able to call the God of the Universe, Daddy. I know for a fact that my dad is the best dad in the world and when he tells me how much he’s proud of me, I’m overjoyed. But hearing that from the Creator is just unbelievable!
The rest of the song says, “Your thoughts define me, you’re inside me, you’re my reality. You’re closer than the skin on my bones You’re closer than the song on my tongue, Abba I belong to You”

WOW!

Once we allow God to be lord over every part of our lives, he’ll take us deeper and deeper. Deeper into a love that’s more than we could ever imagine.

Before I came to Mozambique, I did a safari in South Africa. It was at Krueger Park which is larger than Israel! We had the most amazing tour guy ever. He would stop and teach us everything about the wild life. The animals there are wild, so there was a chance that wouldn’t see some of the more exotic animals since they’re free. As we driving , one of the girls in my jeep was saying how the animals looked so much more beautiful in the wild. How the animals looked bigger and prettier. And our tour guide said, “when they are in their natural habitat, they will flourish. Animals in the zoo, are not in their natural habitat so they will look and behave differently.”

I couldn’t help but think how true that is in our lives. When we aren’t living out the life God has called us to live (free of sin, abundant, etc.) we sort of die. When we aren’t living the life that God has called us live, we become like the animals we see in the zoo. They survive, but they don’t flourish. They’re just there. Behind bars doing whatever they’re told to do. But when we say God, I’ll do whatever you’re asking of me, no matter the cost, we are the like animals at Krueger Park. They roam wherever they please, they live and they thrive. When we are in the will of God, we are who we are destined to be and there is absolutely nothing in my opinion, better. There is nothing better than to be who we were created to be.

On this day where we honor the amazing fathers and spiritual fathers in our lives, I hope you are reminded that you belong to Abba. That He loves you and has amazing plans for your life. Step out in faith and you’ll have the ride of your life.







Enjoy the pictures :)

1 comment: