February 17, 2014

Written in 2012

“Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands." {The Message isaiah 43:18&19} It's been awhile since I've blogged, and honestly, I've been avoiding it. It's not that I don't have anything to say (i ALWAYS have to something to say haha) but when I look at my older posts I'm a little jealous of the younger me. The one who had faith that could move mountains and the joy of a five year old. Full of life and endless possibilites waiting to happen. I feel as if the last few years I've been in a boxing ring. Throwing jab after jab and not getting anywhere. Thinking I would be getting out of the ring a winner but instead, defeated. Bruised, broken, and defeated. There were moments when life seemed to become a little sweeter, but i knew i was fighting a losing battle. Somewhere in the middle of life, i forgot who was fighting for me. I forgot that the battle had already been won and that my God has my back. Jesus was in the boxing ring, fighting for my life. and the awesome part is that he's already won. he's at God's right hand, dwelling in glory. preparing for the day when we will join him where tears and sadness will be no more. until then, i will be loving the One who has done it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment